Monday, November 5, 2012

Tasty Tuesday Sweet and Spicy Jalapeno Fudge

A couple weeks ago, I tore my calf muscle. Not totally, just enough to be bunged up and lying around for a while. My little boy wanted to make fudge for the Halloween party but since I couldn't help him, he made it himself.

I gotta say it was divine.

I asked him if I could share his recipe with you all for Tasty Tuesday and he flatly denied me.

Me! His crippled mother.

Oh well. He wanted to keep his recipe a secret, so I searched the web and found another with a little more kick. And his fudge did make me feel better.

Enjoy!


Spicy and Sweet Jalapeño Fudge

3 cups sugar
¾ cups margarine
5 oz. evaporated milk
12 squares Baker’s Semi-Sweet chocolate, chopped
7 oz. Puffed Marshmallow Crème
1 tsp of vanilla
5-10 pickled jalapeño pepper rings
1 tsp of cinnamon

In blender, mix the jalapeño peppers until fine.

Line a 9-inch square pan with foil.

In a large saucepan, bring sugar, butter and milk to full rolling boil on medium heat and keep boiling for 4 minutes while stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add chocolate and marshmallow crème, stir until melted. Stir in vanilla and jalapeño peppers. Pour into 9-inch pan. Sprinkle cinnamon across the top. Cut into squares once cooled.

And here a few more recipes you might be interested in:


Zesty Guacomole Salsa by Moira Keith http://moirakeith.com/2012/11/06/zesty-guacamole-salsa/

I'm a Pepper...You're a Pepper by Selena Robins - http://selenarobinsmusings.com/2012/11/05/im-a-pepper-youre-a-pepper/

7 comments:

Selena Robins said...

I'm in heaven with this recipe. I love spicy food and chocolate of course, together they are a party for the taste buds.

Hope you feel better soon and let's bribe your son for his recipe. LOL

Thanks for sharing this, I'm going to give it a try for the holidays.

Kimberley Troutte said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberley Troutte said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberley Troutte said...

I hope you like it!

And I'm better already. Nothing that a little time on the couch with my fudge won't fix.

My son is easily bribable. Through a little cash or sweets his way and you're golden.

Kimberley Troutte said...

No idea why, but my comments are multiplying! A little like my butt from sitting on the couch. Anyway, I tried to delete the excess comments, the butt will be later when I can walk again.

PG Forte said...

yeah I'm with Selena. jalapeno + cinnamon + chocolate = HEAVEN

Glad you're feeling better, Kimberley! ouch, that sounded painful!

Selena Robins said...

Glad you're on the mend.

We'll send your son cookies for this recipe. LOL